Budget-conscious families are always asking if it is worth it to stay on Disney property when considering options for their family vacation. My answer is always, without a doubt, yes! Here are my top 5 reasons to stay on Disney property:
5. Customer Service. Disney is globally recognized for its customer service, and rightfully so. It far exceeds any expectations one might have for the hospitality industry. When you stay on Disney property, cast members go above and beyond to sprinkle pixie dust on your day. Plus, the cleanliness is superior. There is zero question about the way your room and the resort grounds are cared for. The magic continues beyond your time at the parks - it is a 24 hour experience.
4. MagicBands. We always joke once we get to the airport to go home that we should still be able to use our MagicBands because they are just so handy! You wear it on your wrist like a watch or FitBit and it opens your resort room door, it is your park entry, it is how you use your FastPass+, and it is your credit card (with a security pin number) practically eliminating the need for a purse or wallet. They come in a variety of colors and now you can buy fun designs! When you stay on Disney property, your basic one is free and customizable, so each member of your party can pick a color and add their name to the back of it. They are adjustable for kids and adults.
3. Transportation. Every hotel has a bus stop that has motor-coaches running an hour before the park opens to an hour after the park closes. You never need to rent a car, pay for parking, or bother with directions when you stay on Disney property. These busses are the most utilized form of transportation on property and completely complementary. Depending on the location of your hotel there are other free options as well. The Epcot area resorts (Disney's Boardwalk or Beach Club Resort, for example) have access to boats. The Magic Kingdom area resorts (Disney's Grand Floridian or Contemporary Resort, for example) have direct access to the monorail system.
2. Extra Magic Hours. Do you ever wish you could squeeze just one more hour of fun in on your day at the park? With Extra Magic Hours you can! These are special hours either one hour before the park opens or one hour after close that are only available for Resort guests when you stay on Disney property. Less people = less wait = more attractions = more family fun! Another aspect that is associated with your Magic Band so the Cast Members can easily verify with your park entry that you're a Disney Resort guest and able to access the park at these special times. Extra Magic Hours vary by park and season, so always check the online calendar or your local listing guide.
Update 2019: With the much anticipate opening of Galaxy’s Edge, Disney Parks will be offering additional extra magic hours every day! That is a big reason to stay on Disney property for your next trip!
1. Disney's Magical Express. If you're like me, you can hardly contain your excitement when you arrive in the Orlando Airport. Let the Disney vacation begin!! Oh... but if you don’t stay on Disney property, you need to go wait at baggage claim, then haul your luggage to an Uber, taxi or rental car. Not feeling the magic yet are we?
When you stay on Disney property, you get to skip all that! Go down to the Magical Express terminal, scan your MagicBand, and you're whisked away to your resort by Disney's Magical Express bus. Here you can start checking wait times on your MyDisneyExperience app, watch classic Disney cartoons and entertainment, or just relax until your arrival. Your luggage magically appears in your room hours later, so you can go ahead an enjoy the parks, Disney Springs, or explore your resort!
No matter your budget, there are a wide variety of Disney property resorts that can appeal to everyone and include everything on this list.
What would be the biggest perk to you on this list?
Ask me about the variety of options and let's start your free Disney vacation planning!